Budleigh couple celebrate 60 years of wedded bliss
- Credit: Steve Eyles
A Budleigh Salterton couple have celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary.
Jacki and John Eyles marked 60 years of wedded bliss by hosting a garden lunch for family members in ‘glorious’ sunshine.
According to the Bath Chronicle, the couple were married on September 5, 1960, at Holy Trinity Church, Norton Malreward.
John was the only son of Mr and Mrs F Eyles from Combe Park in Bath.
Jacki, who was captain of Dundry Ladies Hockey team at the time of the wedding, is the daughter of Mr and Mrs William J Cooper.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who moved to Budleigh 22 years ago, have three children and seven grandchildren.
Son Steve Eyles said: “They constantly and continually host all of their family which is a constant delight, privilege and luxury for all the generations.”
Are you celebrating a landmark wedding anniversary? Let us know about it visitng the Journal website
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson