500 boost Sidmouth Sunday service
NEARLY 500 people attended Sidmouth s festival service at Connaught Gardens on Sunday, supporting the Rotary Polio Plus campaign through a collection there.
NEARLY 500 people attended Sidmouth's festival service at Connaught Gardens on Sunday, supporting the Rotary Polio Plus campaign through a collection there.
It was a special occasion for one couple, involved in the planning of the Christians Together in Sidmouth event.
Mike and Joan Edgecumbe celebrated their ruby wedding anniversary after the service with a quiet lunch out with brother Richard and his wife, who had their 40th anniversary a few weeks before.
"We gave up our celebrations to do the service and will probably have a get-together for family and friends in September at St Francis Church, where we got married," said Mike.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile he is busy organising three Sunday afternoon Hymns in Connaught Gardens events, the first of which is this weekend at 3.30pm by the bandstand. It will be led by Methodist minister the Reverend Brian Hadfield.
The following two Sundays will be conducted by the Reverend Roger Trumper and Methodist lay preacher Janet Bell.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 4 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 8 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 9 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
"I have taken on the loudspeaker equipment and could do with some strong people of any age to help put it up," said Mike, who is disabled with back problems.
"If anyone can help they would be very welcome to contact me as soon as possible on (01395) 512511.