�400 cash boost to mayor's charties
THE mayor s chosen charities for this year received a welcome �400 boost from King Garden Centre.
THE mayor's chosen charities for this year received a welcome �400 boost from King Garden Centre.
Owner Richard King handed over a cheque to Mayor Joy Whipps and town manager Tony Collins.
The money was raised from the popular Christmas Cracker event in December - Kings sponsored the event and bought the fireworks - between 50p and �1 from every tree sold at Kings was donated.
The beneficiaries will be the Mayors's chosen charities including local youth groups and Exmouth St John Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Between 50p and �1 from every tree sold at Kings was donated.
Richard King: "Local charity, local event local people. We wanted to give something back to the town so it will be bigger and better next year.
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 3 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 4 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 5 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 8 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 9 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures