�400 cash boost to mayor's charties
THE mayor s chosen charities for this year received a welcome �400 boost from King Garden Centre.
THE mayor's chosen charities for this year received a welcome �400 boost from King Garden Centre.
Owner Richard King handed over a cheque to Mayor Joy Whipps and town manager Tony Collins.
The money was raised from the popular Christmas Cracker event in December - Kings sponsored the event and bought the fireworks - between 50p and �1 from every tree sold at Kings was donated.
The beneficiaries will be the Mayors's chosen charities including local youth groups and Exmouth St John Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Between 50p and �1 from every tree sold at Kings was donated.
Richard King: "Local charity, local event local people. We wanted to give something back to the town so it will be bigger and better next year.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 7 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 8 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 9 Repair cafe opens again
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter