�400 cash boost to mayor's charties
THE mayor s chosen charities for this year received a welcome �400 boost from King Garden Centre.
THE mayor's chosen charities for this year received a welcome �400 boost from King Garden Centre.
Owner Richard King handed over a cheque to Mayor Joy Whipps and town manager Tony Collins.
The money was raised from the popular Christmas Cracker event in December - Kings sponsored the event and bought the fireworks - between 50p and �1 from every tree sold at Kings was donated.
The beneficiaries will be the Mayors's chosen charities including local youth groups and Exmouth St John Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Between 50p and �1 from every tree sold at Kings was donated.
Richard King: "Local charity, local event local people. We wanted to give something back to the town so it will be bigger and better next year.
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 3 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 4 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 9 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
- 10 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis