�400 cash boost to mayor's charties
THE mayor s chosen charities for this year received a welcome �400 boost from King Garden Centre.
THE mayor's chosen charities for this year received a welcome �400 boost from King Garden Centre.
Owner Richard King handed over a cheque to Mayor Joy Whipps and town manager Tony Collins.
The money was raised from the popular Christmas Cracker event in December - Kings sponsored the event and bought the fireworks - between 50p and �1 from every tree sold at Kings was donated.
The beneficiaries will be the Mayors's chosen charities including local youth groups and Exmouth St John Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Between 50p and �1 from every tree sold at Kings was donated.
Richard King: "Local charity, local event local people. We wanted to give something back to the town so it will be bigger and better next year.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 5 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 8 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 9 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 10 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award