14 offences over 30 years admitted
Dance was charged with 20 counts of sexual offences, carried out over a 30-year period, against six females.
He was arrested on March 15, interviewed by detectives at Exmouth and appeared at Exeter Crown Court on June 22 where he pleaded guilty to 14 counts, with a further six to lie on file.
Dance was remanded in custody until Friday when he was sentenced to 21-and-half years by Judge Graham Cottle.
Dance was charged with:
l One charge of rape of a girl aged 14
l Sexual assault by penetration of a girl aged 14.
l Nine charges of indecent assault on a girl under the age of 14 years old.
- 1 Devon County Council launch consultation for residents parking in Exmouth
- 2 Teenager tangled in buoy on River Exe
- 3 Exmouth nurse doing charity wing-walk this Sunday
- 4 Local history: St John in the Wilderness Church
- 5 Woman dies at scene of house fire in Exmouth
- 6 Will people talk in 40 years about the 2022 heatwave like we talk about 1976?
- 7 For all our problems, we are in a far better position than most
- 8 Somerset author giving book signing in Exmouth
- 9 Charities picking up the pieces
- 10 New garden at Budleigh Library
l Five charges of rape of a female under 16.
l One charge of gross indecency with a girl under 14 years – rape.
l One charge of attempted indecent assault on a woman.
l One charge of gross indecency with a girl under 16 years – rape.
l One charge of rape of a woman.