X marks the spot in hunt
X DID indeed mark the spot as eager treasure hunters raised �129 for charity on Sunday.
'X' DID indeed mark the spot as eager treasure hunters raised �129 for charity on Sunday.
The 'walking treasure hunt', which began at the Clipper Pub on the Strand, was in aid of Handicapped Children's Pilgrimage Trust (HCPT).
The charity takes children with a variety of disabilities on a 'pilgrimage' to spend Easter at Lourdes in France.
Children with learning, physical or emotional problems are taken each year.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Carol Rowe said: "The �129 that was raised will help towards the cost of taking 12 local children with a variety of disabilities, to Lourdes in France next Easter.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 5 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 6 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 7 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon