Yacht stranded off Exmouth and other news
A yacht, which had run aground, was stranded off Exmouth for several hours. Read this and more.
BOAT HAZARD: A yacht, which had run aground, was stranded off Exmouth for several hours.
Exmouth’s volunteer coastwatchers spotted The Footloose, which had run aground in shallow water on July 6 at around 1.20pm.
The yacht, which had a crew of four, was spotted mid-channel and was reported to Brixham Coastguards as a ‘hazard’ to shipping.
A spokesman for the National Coastwatch Institution said: “The yacht was leaning heavily to starboard on a falling tide. Brixham asked Exmouth Coastwatch to keep a watching brief on the yacht. The four people stayed aboard until low tide (3.28pm) had passed and the yacht was finally refloated (at 4.40pm) successfully.”
VOICE APPEAL: The Voice’s Adam Isaac performed at Dream-A-Way’s summer spectacular at Bicton Park, raising more than �2500 for the charity.
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 'Goth girl' Scarlett plans Dartmoor trek for charity
- 3 Big Breakfast fundraiser starts Budleigh Gala Week
- 4 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 5 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 6 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 7 Body found in search for missing man
- 8 I spent an afternoon with the Devon Air Ambulance
- 9 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
- 10 Exeter Chiefs looking to get better of Bristol Bears, again and again!
A host of entertainment was brought to a close with a firework display, sponsored by Ladram Bay. See next week’s Journal for photographs of the event.
COUNCIL QUESTION: Exmouth Town Council has questioned an application to extend a Withycombe home.
Councillors said they had no objection to the plan, which concerns 7 Chudley Close, but pointed out that the plans seemed to show the extension encroaching on a boundary fence, and asked for this to be investigated.
East Devon District Council will then rule on the plans.