Stylish and thoughtfully planned property
- Credit: Archant
Cedar Ridge is believed to have been built in the 1960s, although today bears little resemblance to its origins, having been the subject of significant improvement in the last three years.
The exterior has been transformed with the addition of New England-style weatherboarding, which suits the semi-rural locality, reflected in a stylish and thoughtfully planned interior, which has a wonderfully organic feel, with an excellent use of natural timber, with many contemporary features including an oak and glass staircase and stripped pine flooring.
In particular, the ground floor offers extensive accommodation, central to which is a large family room/breakfast room, adjacent to the kitchen, with an excellent flow of natural light from the adjoining reception rooms.
The sitting room is a wonderful feature, being single storey with a pitched glass atrium and a large wood burning stove. There is a formal dining room, accessed from the sitting room and reception hall, a large study/additional reception room and a ground-floor bedroom, shower/wet room and WC.
On the first floor are two generously proportioned bedrooms and a family bathroom. Outside, a recently constructed green oak building offers a useful and practical garage, with a large separate workshop to the rear, but is also aesthetically appealing. The rear gardens provide an impressive expanse, lying to the west of the house and enjoy a good level of privacy.
You may also want to watch:
Where is it?
Cedar Ridge, Higher Marley Road.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 6 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 9 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
who is the agent?
Tel: 01395 225303.