- Credit: Archant
Location: St John’s Road, Exmouth.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
Originally a semi-detached chalet bungalow, the property has been considerably extended on the rear elevation, together with a loft conversion and a two-story extension on the south western elevation.
It offers spacious, well-planned and versatile accommodation, including an impressive 19’ farmhouse style kitchen/breakfast room with lovely handmade cabinets, impressive sitting room with hardwood oak flooring, single-storey extension with a clever use of moisture sensing ‘Velux’ roof lights and bi-fold doors connecting the room with the terrace and garden. A large square archway connects to spacious dining room, also with hardwood oak flooring and there is also a ground-floor bedroom, which could alternatively be used as a large home office, downstairs WC and the principal bedroom, with en-suite bathroom.
You may also want to watch:
There are two further generously proportioned bedrooms at first floor and separate shower room.
Outside, the gardens are a wonderful feature, with a large driveway lying directly to the front of the building, which provides extensive parking for several vehicles and a large timber building adapted to make secure storage.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 3 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 7 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
- 8 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 9 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year
- 10 Dickens classic on course for Pavilion show this winter
There is a rainwater harvesting system which supplies the WCs and garden irrigation. To the rear of the house are lovely private gardens, with an attractive slate terrace abutting the rear elevation, which extends around the south western elevation, with a mono-pitch glass canopy providing a sheltered covered seating.