- Credit: Archant
Location: St John’s Road, Exmouth.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
Originally a semi-detached chalet bungalow, the property has been considerably extended on the rear elevation, together with a loft conversion and a two-story extension on the south western elevation.
It offers spacious, well-planned and versatile accommodation, including an impressive 19’ farmhouse style kitchen/breakfast room with lovely handmade cabinets, impressive sitting room with hardwood oak flooring, single-storey extension with a clever use of moisture sensing ‘Velux’ roof lights and bi-fold doors connecting the room with the terrace and garden. A large square archway connects to spacious dining room, also with hardwood oak flooring and there is also a ground-floor bedroom, which could alternatively be used as a large home office, downstairs WC and the principal bedroom, with en-suite bathroom.
There are two further generously proportioned bedrooms at first floor and separate shower room.
Outside, the gardens are a wonderful feature, with a large driveway lying directly to the front of the building, which provides extensive parking for several vehicles and a large timber building adapted to make secure storage.
- 1 Flats plan above town Tesco store
- 2 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 3 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 4 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 5 Solomon goes to great lengths to help local food bank
- 6 Volunteers help build new shed for Mill Water School
- 7 Exciting Competition Day at the Budleigh Bowls Club
- 8 Citizens Advice: how to read your gas or electricity meter
- 9 Exmouth history: Iron Age and Celtic settlements
- 10 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
There is a rainwater harvesting system which supplies the WCs and garden irrigation. To the rear of the house are lovely private gardens, with an attractive slate terrace abutting the rear elevation, which extends around the south western elevation, with a mono-pitch glass canopy providing a sheltered covered seating.