Retirement flats plan for land next to Exmouth Tesco
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A retirement housing developer has announced plans for flats on a vacant plot of land in Exmouth.
McCarthy and Stone is holding a public consultation on proposals for a new development next to Tesco in Salterton Road.
The developer says ‘high-quality’ apartments will ‘revitalise’ the site, which has been vacant for many years.
Simon Mantell, regional managing director at McCarthy and Stone, said: “We want to hear from the local community and our future home-owners at the public exhibition as we continue to develop our plans for the site. Our project team will be on hand to answer questions and listen to feedback on what we have done so far.”
A public consultation event will be held at Withycombe Rugby Football Club on Thursday, May 25, between 3pm and 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
People unable to attend who want more information can call 0800 2987040, or go online to www.mccarthyandstoneconsultation.co.uk/saltertonroad.
A formal planning application will follow the consultation.
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award
- 7 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington
- 10 Vandals target vital equipment used by coastwatch team