Retirement flats plan for land next to Exmouth Tesco
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A retirement housing developer has announced plans for flats on a vacant plot of land in Exmouth.
McCarthy and Stone is holding a public consultation on proposals for a new development next to Tesco in Salterton Road.
The developer says ‘high-quality’ apartments will ‘revitalise’ the site, which has been vacant for many years.
Simon Mantell, regional managing director at McCarthy and Stone, said: “We want to hear from the local community and our future home-owners at the public exhibition as we continue to develop our plans for the site. Our project team will be on hand to answer questions and listen to feedback on what we have done so far.”
A public consultation event will be held at Withycombe Rugby Football Club on Thursday, May 25, between 3pm and 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
People unable to attend who want more information can call 0800 2987040, or go online to www.mccarthyandstoneconsultation.co.uk/saltertonroad.
A formal planning application will follow the consultation.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 5 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 6 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 7 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 8 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 9 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 10 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award