Quintessential chocolate-box cottage
- Credit: Archant
A beautiful Grade II listed, quintessential chocolate-box, thatch cottage has come to the market with Bradleys Estate Agents. Situated in one of East Devon’s most sought after and charming villages of East Budleigh, this delightful property takes its name “Church Cottage” from its close proximity to the village church.
The cottage itself offers good accommodation including a spacious entrance hall which could easily lend itself as a study area. A latch door from the hallway leads through to a lovely sitting room which oozes character with many period features including beams, inglenook fireplace with wood burner on a flagstone hearth. There are windows to the front and rear providing double aspect views, a real warm and cosy feel for those cooler evenings. A great size kitchen/dining room measuring over 17ft in length provides plenty of storage with bespoke base and eye-level units, integrated dishwasher, fridge and freezer. There is space and plumbing for further appliances. There is also a gas cooker recess.
On the first floor there are four bedrooms, the master having an en-suite shower. There is also a separate family bathroom.
Outside, the front garden is enclosed by a low wall with cobbled path leading to the front door. A side gate leads to the side garden which is mainly laid to lawn with raised flower beds and an attractive pergola with garden seat. A further gate gives access to a pretty rear courtyard.
Church Cottage is quite simply charming and is for sale at the asking price of £360,000.
You may also want to watch:
Call Bradleys Estate Agents on 01395 442201.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 5 Repair cafe opens again
- 6 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on