Property with wow factor
- Credit: Archant
Location: Heronslea, Granary Lane, Budleigh Salterton.
A unique and individually-designed family home has come to the market with Bradleys estate agents.
Heronslea is located in one of Budleigh Salterton’s most favoured residential areas of Granary Lane.
A most inviting entrance hall offers a big welcome with its use of semi-circular floor-to-ceiling double-glazed windows, allowing light to flood in creating a spacious and usable area. Upon entering this captivating property, the wow factor becomes immediately apparent by the outstanding views over the gardens towards the River Otter and distant hills beyond.
The living room, measuring 24ft by just over 20ft allows these stunning views to be enjoyed and admired from the large picture windows which gives an air of openness, as well as complete privacy.
- 1 Morning dip at Budleigh gets ‘seal’ of approval
- 2 Budleigh gift shop named among region's best
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Exmouth’s Sarah can see ‘bigger picture’ thanks to diabetes prevention programme
- 5 Jubilee Big Band concert at Exmouth Pavilion
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Budleigh councillors 'aflush' with town loo options
- 8 Drama club stage sci-fi spoof comedy play
- 9 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 10 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
A fireplace with log burner is a real focal point for the nights that are now drawing in. All in all, this is a fabulous room and extremely versatile.
The kitchen is another light and airy environment with ample range of both base and eye-level units along with a good expanse of work surface. There is a built-in fridge and a superb gas Aga. There’s also an abundance of space and plumbing for all required appliances. A good-size utility provides more space and plumbing and also allows access out into the garden with a separate door leading through into the double garage. Next to the utility is a separate study. This room is superbly placed, once again enjoying those enviable views of the garden and beyond.
There are three bedrooms in total, the master being accessed through an occasional room, ideal as a further study/snug or dressing room from which steps lead down into the spacious bedroom itself, where further views of the attractive gardens can be enjoyed. A light and spacious en suite bathroom creates a superb master suite for any lucky new owner.
Outside, Heronslea is approached via a gravel driveway, which provides ample off-road parking.
The beautiful gardens that surround the property measure approximately 0.666 of an acre, with adjoining farmland to one side and the Otter Valley at the far end.