Property of the Week
- Credit: Archant
Location: Withycombe Village Road, Exmouth.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
A charming, grade II listed, detached, thatched cottage occupying wonderful private gardens of around 1/3 of an acre which benefit from an excellent degree of privacy and have been thoughtfully planted with some fine specimens.
The house has been within the same family for several generations and there is no record of the property having been offered for sale in living memory.
You may also want to watch:
The accommodation, which would benefit from some sympathetic updating, includes a reception hall, sitting room, parlour/dining room, kitchen and conservatory. On the first floor are two good-size double bedrooms and a single, in addition to a bathroom.
The gardens are an exceptional feature, best described as an oasis, in respect of the location in relation to the town and the nearby facilities in Withycombe Village Road.
- 1 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 2 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 3 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 4 Black belt grading success for Lympstone and Exmouth Karate students
- 5 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 6 Repair café returns to town to lend a helping hand
- 7 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
However, the immediate surroundings complement the style of a rural dwelling, without the isolation.