Property of the Week
- Credit: Archant
Location: Withycombe Village Road, Exmouth.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
A charming, grade II listed, detached, thatched cottage occupying wonderful private gardens of around 1/3 of an acre which benefit from an excellent degree of privacy and have been thoughtfully planted with some fine specimens.
The house has been within the same family for several generations and there is no record of the property having been offered for sale in living memory.
You may also want to watch:
The accommodation, which would benefit from some sympathetic updating, includes a reception hall, sitting room, parlour/dining room, kitchen and conservatory. On the first floor are two good-size double bedrooms and a single, in addition to a bathroom.
The gardens are an exceptional feature, best described as an oasis, in respect of the location in relation to the town and the nearby facilities in Withycombe Village Road.
- 1 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
- 2 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 3 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 4 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 5 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 6 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 7 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 8 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock
- 9 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 10 Youngsters complete staggered marathon for FORCE with support from Exmouth GP patients
However, the immediate surroundings complement the style of a rural dwelling, without the isolation.