Property of the Week
- Credit: Archant
Location: Withycombe Village Road, Exmouth.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
A charming, grade II listed, detached, thatched cottage occupying wonderful private gardens of around 1/3 of an acre which benefit from an excellent degree of privacy and have been thoughtfully planted with some fine specimens.
The house has been within the same family for several generations and there is no record of the property having been offered for sale in living memory.
The accommodation, which would benefit from some sympathetic updating, includes a reception hall, sitting room, parlour/dining room, kitchen and conservatory. On the first floor are two good-size double bedrooms and a single, in addition to a bathroom.
The gardens are an exceptional feature, best described as an oasis, in respect of the location in relation to the town and the nearby facilities in Withycombe Village Road.
- 1 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 2 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 3 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 4 Budleigh vineyard wins gold at inaugural wine competition
- 5 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 6 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 7 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 8 Swimming pool flasher sent to mental hospital
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Freezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
However, the immediate surroundings complement the style of a rural dwelling, without the isolation.