Property of the Week
- Credit: Archant
Location: Old Bystock Drive.
Agent: Bainbridge’s Estate Agents.
Cedar Cottage is understood to date from the early 1900s and is of cavity brick construction, with rendered, colour washed elevations, attractively balanced with dual bays to the front façade, beneath a pitched clay tile roof.
The house is of immense visual appeal, further complemented by the wonderful private gardens, all within the beautiful surroundings of Bystock Court, which Cedar Cottage was once part of.
You may also want to watch:
The accommodation is both practical and elegant and a reflection of the origins, with a lovely flow of natural light throughout.
The general condition of the house is excellent and modern-day improvements, including oak flooring, perfectly combine with the original wood panelled doors, cast iron Victorian fireplaces and deep pine skirting boards.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 8 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 9 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 10 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
The accommodation comprises a covered entrance, reception hall, sitting room, separate dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, study/bedroom 4, utility and downstairs WC.
At first floor are three comfortable double bedrooms and a large family bathroom.
Outside, the beautifully established gardens are exceptional in respect of privacy and planting and encompass the building around the east, north and west facing elevations and there is also a large driveway with parking for two to three cars.