Property of the Week
- Credit: Archant
Location: Foxholes Hill.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
Maer Reef is a modern detached, split-level residence, individually designed to complement the location and wonderful views.
Constructed of cavity brick, attractively finished with colour impregnated fibre cement weatherboarding to the front elevation, upvc double-glazed windows and doors, all set under a pitched concrete tile roof.
You may also want to watch:
The property has been subject to considerable improvement in recent months, with a high-quality replacement kitchen, fitted to an excellent standard and complemented by pale granite work tops, natural oak flooring and oak internal doors.
The original layout has been altered, where the garage has been incorporated into the house, providing a lovely guest bedroom and en-suite and a further planning consent has been granted for a first-floor extension.
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 3 Jack does the trick in Budleigh victory
- 4 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 5 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 6 Exmouth Harrier Jenny Reay excels at Newton Abbot Ladies 10km
- 7 Round-robin barbecue event huge success
- 8 Festival is blessed with sunshine and celebrities
- 9 Huge lifestyle changes are needed to avert disaster
- 10 Difficult decisions needed to tackle big issues
From a welcoming reception hall, a staircase descends to the lower floor, where there is a large hallway, principal bedroom with en-suite shower, two further guest bedrooms, a family bathroom, utility and access to the kitchen/breakfast room, which has been thoughtfully designed, galleried above the sitting room, with a short series of steps connecting the two.
A high-quality conservatory extension is currently used as a formal dining room. Outside, the gardens are immaculate, with a beautifully constructed timber summerhouse. They are easy to maintain, offering an excellent degree of privacy.
There is also access to the cellars, which extend beneath the footprint of the building and provide extensive secure storage. Although the garage was adapted to create further bedroom accommodation, part was retained and provides a useful store, suitable for bicycles.