Property of the Week
- Credit: Archant
Location: Foxholes Hill.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
Maer Reef is a modern detached, split-level residence, individually designed to complement the location and wonderful views.
Constructed of cavity brick, attractively finished with colour impregnated fibre cement weatherboarding to the front elevation, upvc double-glazed windows and doors, all set under a pitched concrete tile roof.
You may also want to watch:
The property has been subject to considerable improvement in recent months, with a high-quality replacement kitchen, fitted to an excellent standard and complemented by pale granite work tops, natural oak flooring and oak internal doors.
The original layout has been altered, where the garage has been incorporated into the house, providing a lovely guest bedroom and en-suite and a further planning consent has been granted for a first-floor extension.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 7 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 8 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 9 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 10 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
From a welcoming reception hall, a staircase descends to the lower floor, where there is a large hallway, principal bedroom with en-suite shower, two further guest bedrooms, a family bathroom, utility and access to the kitchen/breakfast room, which has been thoughtfully designed, galleried above the sitting room, with a short series of steps connecting the two.
A high-quality conservatory extension is currently used as a formal dining room. Outside, the gardens are immaculate, with a beautifully constructed timber summerhouse. They are easy to maintain, offering an excellent degree of privacy.
There is also access to the cellars, which extend beneath the footprint of the building and provide extensive secure storage. Although the garage was adapted to create further bedroom accommodation, part was retained and provides a useful store, suitable for bicycles.