Property of the Week
- Credit: Archant
Location: Foxholes Hill.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
Maer Reef is a modern detached, split-level residence, individually designed to complement the location and wonderful views.
Constructed of cavity brick, attractively finished with colour impregnated fibre cement weatherboarding to the front elevation, upvc double-glazed windows and doors, all set under a pitched concrete tile roof.
The property has been subject to considerable improvement in recent months, with a high-quality replacement kitchen, fitted to an excellent standard and complemented by pale granite work tops, natural oak flooring and oak internal doors.
The original layout has been altered, where the garage has been incorporated into the house, providing a lovely guest bedroom and en-suite and a further planning consent has been granted for a first-floor extension.
- 1 Re-surfacing work in Exmouth street branded an 'absolute mess'
- 2 Transforming Exmouth’s seafront into a collaborative canvas
- 3 Exmouth Youth Theatre set to rock Exmouth Pavillion
- 4 Lifeboats launched after accidental emergency call
- 5 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 6 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 7 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Happy bowling birthday to John Anderson
- 10 Swimming pool flasher sent to mental hospital
From a welcoming reception hall, a staircase descends to the lower floor, where there is a large hallway, principal bedroom with en-suite shower, two further guest bedrooms, a family bathroom, utility and access to the kitchen/breakfast room, which has been thoughtfully designed, galleried above the sitting room, with a short series of steps connecting the two.
A high-quality conservatory extension is currently used as a formal dining room. Outside, the gardens are immaculate, with a beautifully constructed timber summerhouse. They are easy to maintain, offering an excellent degree of privacy.
There is also access to the cellars, which extend beneath the footprint of the building and provide extensive secure storage. Although the garage was adapted to create further bedroom accommodation, part was retained and provides a useful store, suitable for bicycles.