Property of the week
- Credit: Archant
Location: Withycombe Village Road.
Agent: Bainbridge’s: 01395 225303.
Boldbrook Cottage is a period detached cottage, believed to be of brick and stone construction, with rendered colour-washed elevations, under a good-quality thatch roof, which was replaced approximately three years ago.
The property sits amidst beautiful gardens, which benefit from an excellent degree of privacy and have been thoughtfully planted with some fine specimens.
The house has been within the same family for several generations and there is no record of the property having been offered for sale in living memory.
The accommodation, which would benefit from some sympathetic updating, includes a reception hall, sitting room, parlour/dining room, kitchen and conservatory.
- 1 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 2 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 3 How can you help Exmouth?
- 4 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 5 Record level of police numbers will soon have a positive effect on our communities
- 6 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 7 Exmouth Harriers turn to the Countryside
- 8 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 9 Law firm invites students to apply for work experience placements
- 10 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
On the first floor are two good double-bedrooms and a single, in addition to a bathroom.
The gardens are an exceptional feature, best described as an oasis, in respect of the location in relation to the town and the nearby facilities in Withycombe Village Road.
However, the immediate surroundings complement the style of a rural dwelling, without the isolation.