Property of the week
- Credit: Archant
Location: Withycombe Village Road.
Agent: Bainbridge’s: 01395 225303.
Boldbrook Cottage is a period detached cottage, believed to be of brick and stone construction, with rendered colour-washed elevations, under a good-quality thatch roof, which was replaced approximately three years ago.
The property sits amidst beautiful gardens, which benefit from an excellent degree of privacy and have been thoughtfully planted with some fine specimens.
You may also want to watch:
The house has been within the same family for several generations and there is no record of the property having been offered for sale in living memory.
The accommodation, which would benefit from some sympathetic updating, includes a reception hall, sitting room, parlour/dining room, kitchen and conservatory.
- 1 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 4 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
On the first floor are two good double-bedrooms and a single, in addition to a bathroom.
The gardens are an exceptional feature, best described as an oasis, in respect of the location in relation to the town and the nearby facilities in Withycombe Village Road.
However, the immediate surroundings complement the style of a rural dwelling, without the isolation.