Plans submitted for homes and football pitches in Exmouth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to build 23 homes alongside regenerated sports pitches in Exmouth have been submitted by a developer.
Blue Cedar Homes has applied for planning permission for a scheme on the former Rolle College Playing Fields site, off Douglas Avenue.
The proposal includes three football pitches – one suitable for adults, one for under-16s, and one for under-eights, all to Football Association standards - alongside a modern changing pavilion.
On the upper level of the site, the plans include 23 age-restricted homes – 20 of one-and-a-half storeys and three bungalows.
Blue Cedar Homes’ strategic planning director Andrew Rowe said: “Our plans for these homes for the active retired reflect and respect the landscape and architecture of the local area.
You may also want to watch:
“We are grateful to the very many people who took part in our consultation, including, among others, the Foxholes and the Avenues residents’ associations.
“I would also like to thank Sport England and the Devon FA, as well as Exmouth United FC. The FA has been very helpful in assisting with the designs of the changing facilities. We know that there is a shortage of football pitches in Exmouth and we very much hope that we will be able to take these plans forward in partnership with stakeholders to the benefit of the community as a whole.”
- 1 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 2 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 6 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 9 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college
Exmouth Town Council will be consulted on the plan, before East Devon District Council rules on permission.