Planning officers support 59 Budleigh homes
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build 59 homes in Budleigh Salterton have been recommended for approval by district planning officers.
The homes – 30 of which would be classed as affordable - would be built on land to the south of the B3178, which has been earmarked for development through East Devon District Council’s Local Plan process.
The plan will be considered for approval next week by members of EDDC’s development management committee, but ahead of that meeting, the council’s planning department has recommended approval.
Officers say that the affordable housing is much needed, and approving the plan would help address EDDC’s difficulties over its five year land supply, after planning inspectors recently said there was not enough housing land available in the district
The application has been supported by Budleigh Salterton Parish Council, although councillors have raised concern about increased pressure on the town’s sewerage systems, and East Budleigh Parish Council has raised no objection.
You may also want to watch:
However, Devon Highways has objected, saying the internal roads proposed for the site will not be suitable, and the Otter Valley Association has questioned the need for affordable housing.
The development management committee will rule on the plan during its meeting at the Knowle in Sidmouth on Tuesday at 2pm.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 6 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!