Planning officers support 59 Budleigh homes
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build 59 homes in Budleigh Salterton have been recommended for approval by district planning officers.
The homes – 30 of which would be classed as affordable - would be built on land to the south of the B3178, which has been earmarked for development through East Devon District Council’s Local Plan process.
The plan will be considered for approval next week by members of EDDC’s development management committee, but ahead of that meeting, the council’s planning department has recommended approval.
Officers say that the affordable housing is much needed, and approving the plan would help address EDDC’s difficulties over its five year land supply, after planning inspectors recently said there was not enough housing land available in the district
The application has been supported by Budleigh Salterton Parish Council, although councillors have raised concern about increased pressure on the town’s sewerage systems, and East Budleigh Parish Council has raised no objection.
You may also want to watch:
However, Devon Highways has objected, saying the internal roads proposed for the site will not be suitable, and the Otter Valley Association has questioned the need for affordable housing.
The development management committee will rule on the plan during its meeting at the Knowle in Sidmouth on Tuesday at 2pm.
- 1 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 4 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 8 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 9 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year