Plan for new homes and pitches in Exmouth supported
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to build 23 new homes and renovate football pitches in Exmouth have been backed by the town council.
Developer Blue Cedar Homes is proposing a scheme on the former Rolle College Playing Fields site, off Douglas Avenue, featuring three football pitches, for different age groups, and 23 age-restricted homes.
This week’s Exmouth Town Council planning meeting voted to support the plan.
Councillor John Humphreys said: “I’m happy for this to go ahead. It’s going to save pitches for the youngsters.”
Councillor Brian Toye said: “This is going to be the town of retirement apartments. It’s a pity they can’t be starter homes or council houses, but we can’t turn that down on the application, so there’s no reason why we should object.”
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Council will decide on permission.
- 1 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 4 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 8 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 9 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown