Plan for new homes and pitches in Exmouth supported
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to build 23 new homes and renovate football pitches in Exmouth have been backed by the town council.
Developer Blue Cedar Homes is proposing a scheme on the former Rolle College Playing Fields site, off Douglas Avenue, featuring three football pitches, for different age groups, and 23 age-restricted homes.
This week’s Exmouth Town Council planning meeting voted to support the plan.
Councillor John Humphreys said: “I’m happy for this to go ahead. It’s going to save pitches for the youngsters.”
Councillor Brian Toye said: “This is going to be the town of retirement apartments. It’s a pity they can’t be starter homes or council houses, but we can’t turn that down on the application, so there’s no reason why we should object.”
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Council will decide on permission.
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award
- 7 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 10 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington