Plan for new homes and pitches in Exmouth supported
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to build 23 new homes and renovate football pitches in Exmouth have been backed by the town council.
Developer Blue Cedar Homes is proposing a scheme on the former Rolle College Playing Fields site, off Douglas Avenue, featuring three football pitches, for different age groups, and 23 age-restricted homes.
This week’s Exmouth Town Council planning meeting voted to support the plan.
Councillor John Humphreys said: “I’m happy for this to go ahead. It’s going to save pitches for the youngsters.”
Councillor Brian Toye said: “This is going to be the town of retirement apartments. It’s a pity they can’t be starter homes or council houses, but we can’t turn that down on the application, so there’s no reason why we should object.”
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Council will decide on permission.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 4 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase