Plan for new homes and pitches in Exmouth supported
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to build 23 new homes and renovate football pitches in Exmouth have been backed by the town council.
Developer Blue Cedar Homes is proposing a scheme on the former Rolle College Playing Fields site, off Douglas Avenue, featuring three football pitches, for different age groups, and 23 age-restricted homes.
This week’s Exmouth Town Council planning meeting voted to support the plan.
Councillor John Humphreys said: “I’m happy for this to go ahead. It’s going to save pitches for the youngsters.”
Councillor Brian Toye said: “This is going to be the town of retirement apartments. It’s a pity they can’t be starter homes or council houses, but we can’t turn that down on the application, so there’s no reason why we should object.”
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Council will decide on permission.
- 1 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 2 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 3 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 6 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 7 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Western League opener for Exmouth Town