New shop, new jobs
- Credit: Archant
A new mobile phone shop will open in Exmouth next month, creating five new jobs.
Vodafone is opening its newest store on Thursday, August 14, at the site of the former Stead & Simpson store at 48, The Parade, in what represents something of a revival for the Magnolia Centre.
It follows a successful planning application after the last business at the site, Granite Outdoor, closed earlier this year.
The new shop is part of a £100million investment by the company, which aims to open 150 new stores across the UK.
The new store follows a spate of shop closures. Now units left empty by the closures of Julian Garves, Blockbuster, Millets, Stokes, and now Granite Outdoor, have all reopened over the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
The Exmouth store will have a ‘try-before-you-buy’ facility and Wayne Donnelly, manager of the new Exmouth store, said: “We’re delighted to be coming to Exmouth and have some great offers for our customers. Pop in, see what we’ve got for you or simply ask our advice. We’re here to help.”
Vodafone UK chief executive Jeroen Hoencamp said: “Our £100million retail investment this year will increase our ability to serve our customers better with highly-skilled personal advice and support in 150 brand-new locations.”
- 1 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 8 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 9 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 10 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines