New shop, new jobs
- Credit: Archant
A new mobile phone shop will open in Exmouth next month, creating five new jobs.
Vodafone is opening its newest store on Thursday, August 14, at the site of the former Stead & Simpson store at 48, The Parade, in what represents something of a revival for the Magnolia Centre.
It follows a successful planning application after the last business at the site, Granite Outdoor, closed earlier this year.
The new shop is part of a £100million investment by the company, which aims to open 150 new stores across the UK.
The new store follows a spate of shop closures. Now units left empty by the closures of Julian Garves, Blockbuster, Millets, Stokes, and now Granite Outdoor, have all reopened over the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
The Exmouth store will have a ‘try-before-you-buy’ facility and Wayne Donnelly, manager of the new Exmouth store, said: “We’re delighted to be coming to Exmouth and have some great offers for our customers. Pop in, see what we’ve got for you or simply ask our advice. We’re here to help.”
Vodafone UK chief executive Jeroen Hoencamp said: “Our £100million retail investment this year will increase our ability to serve our customers better with highly-skilled personal advice and support in 150 brand-new locations.”
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase