New shop, new jobs
- Credit: Archant
A new mobile phone shop will open in Exmouth next month, creating five new jobs.
Vodafone is opening its newest store on Thursday, August 14, at the site of the former Stead & Simpson store at 48, The Parade, in what represents something of a revival for the Magnolia Centre.
It follows a successful planning application after the last business at the site, Granite Outdoor, closed earlier this year.
The new shop is part of a £100million investment by the company, which aims to open 150 new stores across the UK.
The new store follows a spate of shop closures. Now units left empty by the closures of Julian Garves, Blockbuster, Millets, Stokes, and now Granite Outdoor, have all reopened over the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
The Exmouth store will have a ‘try-before-you-buy’ facility and Wayne Donnelly, manager of the new Exmouth store, said: “We’re delighted to be coming to Exmouth and have some great offers for our customers. Pop in, see what we’ve got for you or simply ask our advice. We’re here to help.”
Vodafone UK chief executive Jeroen Hoencamp said: “Our £100million retail investment this year will increase our ability to serve our customers better with highly-skilled personal advice and support in 150 brand-new locations.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 5 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 6 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 7 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 8 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon