New Littleham homes to be ready next year
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The first homes at Littleham’s new Plumb Park development will be ready by next year, the developer has revealed.
Clinton Devon Estates (CDE)announced Taylor Wimpey Exeter is to build the 264 new homes - some 40 per cent will be affordable housing for rent or shared ownership.
Clinton Devon Estates said it awarded the contract to Taylor Wimpey after a ‘rigorous’ selection process.
Andrew Tildesley, a spokesman for the developer, said: “Plumb Park is a prestigious scheme, which we are delighted to have won on merit. It will be a bespoke Taylor Wimpey project in terms of the specification, design and materials and we very much look forward to working with CDE to deliver the first new homes next year.”
John Varley, estates director for Clinton Devon Estates, said: “Our selection process to secure the very best joint venture partner for Plumb Park has taken the best part of a year.
You may also want to watch:
“It was imperative that our trustees, our board and our professional advisers were wholly confident that our chosen developer could deliver our stringent requirements for a positive, lasting legacy for Exmouth.”
Mr Varley said the developer would look to the Avenues Design Statement when building the new homes.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 4 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 5 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 8 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 9 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
He said: “The Avenues Design Statement will inspire the character of the whole of Plumb Park and the 105 affordable homes that this project will deliver for local people will meet the same design credentials.
“We will do out upmost to ensure that the whole community will be proud of this part of Exmouth – now and for many generations to come.”