New Brixington families enjoy fun day
A dozen new Brixington families enjoyed a summer fun-day laid on by their landlords.
Tenants of the 12-new housing association homes at Parrys Farm Close joined fellow Cornerstone Housing tenants for a fun packed summer fete at West Exe Technology College in Exeter.
Cornerstone Housing is a not-for-profit organisation providing social housing in Devon, and the Exmouth homes were only completed last year.
They joined 300 tenants and their families for everything from bouncy castles, face painting, badge making, nail art and drama workshops to five aside footfall and penalty shootouts.
It gave tenants the chance to meet members of staff and one of the most popular attractions on the day was free rides on a miniature steam train courtesy of Lee Moseley and the South Devon Railway.
You may also want to watch:
Lee is a member of the Cornerstone Gardening Team and his hobby is driving steam engines.
Anita Merritt, housing officer said: “It was lovely to see so many families together enjoying themselves!”
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year