Moreton plan ruling delayed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A decision on plans to redevelop an Exmouth care home will not be made until councillors visit the site to assess its potential impact.
Methodist Homes has applied for permission to create 61 retirement living with care units at the former Moreton Care Home, in Drakes Avenue.
Many neighbours to the site, and Exmouth Town Council, have objected to the plan, but East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) planning officers have recommended approval.
A final decision on whether the scheme could go ahead was due to be made by councillors on EDDC’s development management committee on Tuesday.
However, councillors instead voted to delay their decision in order to carry out a site visit.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Steve Gazzard said: “I am concerned about the size and the bulk of the building, and concerned about the overlooking.
“I would suggest we agree a site visit so members can have a look at the site and see the impact it will have on neighbours.”
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 5 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 8 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
- 9 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 10 Megan makes big book milestone
A final decision will then be made at a future development management committee meeting.