Listed property with planning for extra house
- Credit: Archant
Myrtle Cottage, Clyst St Mary, comprises a Grade Two listed, expansive, period, family home of considerable character and ornate charm.
It is presented in excellent condition and has been extensively modernised, yet still maintains many of its original features, dating back to approximately 1840.
The well-planned accommodation briefly comprises two generous reception rooms, large open-plan quality-fitted kitchen/dining room, separate utility room, further separate study, five spacious first-floor double bedrooms, master with en suite, and family bathroom.
Myrtle Cottage offers a well-stocked, level and attractive, private garden to the rear, incorporating a separate sun house/garden room, housing sauna and reception area with adjacent hot tub, garden pond, greenhouse and deep beds of mature trees and shrubs.
Beyond this lies a further barn/out-building with adjoining car port and parking for two cars with Grade Two listed planning consent for a three-bedroom dwelling (full plans available upon request).
You may also want to watch:
The property is situated in the sought-after village of Clyst St Mary, ideally located on the southern outskirts of Exeter, providing excellent road links to the M5, Exeter, Sidmouth and Exmouth.
This thriving village boasts many of its own conveniences, including post office/village shop, village pub, primary school and excellent bus route. Topsham and Darts Farm are within easy reach.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
Where is it?
Clyst St Mary
Grade Two listed, original features, five bedrooms, planning consent for three-bedroom dwelling.
who is the agent?
Tel: 01395 225303.