Listed property with planning for extra house
- Credit: Archant
Myrtle Cottage, Clyst St Mary, comprises a Grade Two listed, expansive, period, family home of considerable character and ornate charm.
It is presented in excellent condition and has been extensively modernised, yet still maintains many of its original features, dating back to approximately 1840.
The well-planned accommodation briefly comprises two generous reception rooms, large open-plan quality-fitted kitchen/dining room, separate utility room, further separate study, five spacious first-floor double bedrooms, master with en suite, and family bathroom.
Myrtle Cottage offers a well-stocked, level and attractive, private garden to the rear, incorporating a separate sun house/garden room, housing sauna and reception area with adjacent hot tub, garden pond, greenhouse and deep beds of mature trees and shrubs.
Beyond this lies a further barn/out-building with adjoining car port and parking for two cars with Grade Two listed planning consent for a three-bedroom dwelling (full plans available upon request).
The property is situated in the sought-after village of Clyst St Mary, ideally located on the southern outskirts of Exeter, providing excellent road links to the M5, Exeter, Sidmouth and Exmouth.
This thriving village boasts many of its own conveniences, including post office/village shop, village pub, primary school and excellent bus route. Topsham and Darts Farm are within easy reach.
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 3 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 4 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 5 New name and fresh look for Exmouth Museum
- 6 Have your say on business development plans near airport
- 7 Big Breakfast fundraiser starts Budleigh Gala Week
- 8 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 9 First hybrid meeting for Exmouth’s U3A branch
- 10 Police appeal for gun owners to hand them in during firearms amnesty
Where is it?
Clyst St Mary
Grade Two listed, original features, five bedrooms, planning consent for three-bedroom dwelling.
who is the agent?
Tel: 01395 225303.