Large, spacious and secluded home
- Credit: Archant
Winkwell enjoys an exceptional location in a small, quiet cul-de-sac only a short walk from the town centre. Approached by a long driveway, it is tucked away within secluded gardens with excellent widespread views over the town to distant countryside. These views may be enjoyed from the principal rooms which are on the upper floor, mostly facing south and west and providing the opportunity of living entirely on this level if desired.
The present owners have carried out a comprehensive programme of refurbishment to an exceptionally high standard with fastidious attention to detail. This has included rewiring and updating of the central heating in addition to the installation of a fabulous new kitchen and three luxurious bath/shower rooms. The extensive accommodation provides a total of six bedrooms, dependent on usage and is full of character and interest. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the principal reception rooms where the sunny sitting room and dining room combine to make a living space 30ft in length. This opens into a superb balcony and an excellent conservatory which are in turn connected and have a lovely outlook. A newly created staircase leads to the lower floor which offers first class accommodation with independent access. Bearing this in mind, there is the opportunity to create a self-contained annexe or letting unit, subject to any required consents.
A tarmacadam driveway almost 200ft in length sweeps past the house to a spacious garage and adjoining studio, both with power. Landscaped gardens with an outstanding level of seclusion incorporate a variety of delightful, sunny sitting areas and an abundance of mature planting, sure to delight the enthusiast.
This is a genuinely unique home with a wealth of excellent features, in a delightful, convenient setting. Inspection is most highly recommended.
Where is it?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 2 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 3 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 4 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 5 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 6 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 7 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 8 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 9 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 10 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
Tucked away in secluded gardens
Who is the agent?
Whitton & Laing
Tel: 01395 445600