Impressive Victorian detached home
- Credit: Archant
Location: Salterton Road.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
An impressive period building of Victorian origin, with rendered colour-washed elevations, under a pitched slate roof.
The building is prominently situated on Salterton Road, almost directly opposite the Cranford Club and offers a unique opportunity for a variety of purposes and, in particular, the building is being offered for sale in conjunction with the top floor penthouse apartment, which is self-contained with independent access (further details available through Bainbridge’s).
You may also want to watch:
Internally, the house features many fine period features, with original Victorian tiled floor in the entrance, which is continued into an impressive reception hall, with a grand staircase, deep timber skirting boards, moulded plaster ceilings, bay windows and classically high ceilings which allow an excellent distribution of natural light.
On the ground-floor are two generously proportioned principal reception rooms, a superb kitchen/dining/family room, perfectly suited to formal and informal dining, and a ground-floor shower/utility room.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
On the first-floor are five generously proportioned bedrooms, three of which benefit from en-suite shower rooms, and a family bathroom. Outside, the formal gardens have been extensively landscaped and stocked, lying to the south east of the building and offering an excellent level of privacy, in additional to a further vehicular access from Salterton Road.