Impressive Victorian detached home
- Credit: Archant
Location: Salterton Road.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
An impressive period building of Victorian origin, with rendered colour-washed elevations, under a pitched slate roof.
The building is prominently situated on Salterton Road, almost directly opposite the Cranford Club and offers a unique opportunity for a variety of purposes and, in particular, the building is being offered for sale in conjunction with the top floor penthouse apartment, which is self-contained with independent access (further details available through Bainbridge’s).
You may also want to watch:
Internally, the house features many fine period features, with original Victorian tiled floor in the entrance, which is continued into an impressive reception hall, with a grand staircase, deep timber skirting boards, moulded plaster ceilings, bay windows and classically high ceilings which allow an excellent distribution of natural light.
On the ground-floor are two generously proportioned principal reception rooms, a superb kitchen/dining/family room, perfectly suited to formal and informal dining, and a ground-floor shower/utility room.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
On the first-floor are five generously proportioned bedrooms, three of which benefit from en-suite shower rooms, and a family bathroom. Outside, the formal gardens have been extensively landscaped and stocked, lying to the south east of the building and offering an excellent level of privacy, in additional to a further vehicular access from Salterton Road.