Impressive Victorian detached home
- Credit: Archant
Location: Salterton Road.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
An impressive period building of Victorian origin, with rendered colour-washed elevations, under a pitched slate roof.
The building is prominently situated on Salterton Road, almost directly opposite the Cranford Club and offers a unique opportunity for a variety of purposes and, in particular, the building is being offered for sale in conjunction with the top floor penthouse apartment, which is self-contained with independent access (further details available through Bainbridge’s).
You may also want to watch:
Internally, the house features many fine period features, with original Victorian tiled floor in the entrance, which is continued into an impressive reception hall, with a grand staircase, deep timber skirting boards, moulded plaster ceilings, bay windows and classically high ceilings which allow an excellent distribution of natural light.
On the ground-floor are two generously proportioned principal reception rooms, a superb kitchen/dining/family room, perfectly suited to formal and informal dining, and a ground-floor shower/utility room.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 6 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 7 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 8 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
On the first-floor are five generously proportioned bedrooms, three of which benefit from en-suite shower rooms, and a family bathroom. Outside, the formal gardens have been extensively landscaped and stocked, lying to the south east of the building and offering an excellent level of privacy, in additional to a further vehicular access from Salterton Road.