Impressive Victorian detached home
- Credit: Archant
Location: Salterton Road.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
An impressive period building of Victorian origin, with rendered colour-washed elevations, under a pitched slate roof.
The building is prominently situated on Salterton Road, almost directly opposite the Cranford Club and offers a unique opportunity for a variety of purposes and, in particular, the building is being offered for sale in conjunction with the top floor penthouse apartment, which is self-contained with independent access (further details available through Bainbridge’s).
You may also want to watch:
Internally, the house features many fine period features, with original Victorian tiled floor in the entrance, which is continued into an impressive reception hall, with a grand staircase, deep timber skirting boards, moulded plaster ceilings, bay windows and classically high ceilings which allow an excellent distribution of natural light.
On the ground-floor are two generously proportioned principal reception rooms, a superb kitchen/dining/family room, perfectly suited to formal and informal dining, and a ground-floor shower/utility room.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 6 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 7 John and Grace run for the heart
- 8 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 9 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
- 10 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
On the first-floor are five generously proportioned bedrooms, three of which benefit from en-suite shower rooms, and a family bathroom. Outside, the formal gardens have been extensively landscaped and stocked, lying to the south east of the building and offering an excellent level of privacy, in additional to a further vehicular access from Salterton Road.