Go-ahead for neighbourhood plan to shape what town will look like
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A blueprint will be drawn up detailing what new homes should look like and where they should be built in Exmouth.
Town hall chiefs have decided to produce an Exmouth Neighbourhood Plan.
Once drawn up, East Devon District Council (EDDC) will have to consider the plan when deciding planning applications. However, the plan will not dictate how many homes are built.
The first step is to identify the area the neighbourhood plan will cover.
Town clerk Lisa Bowman said: “We would then break it down and have specific policies (for each area).”
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Bill Nash said: “The community might have a say on the quality and types of houses and the amount of greenspaces.” Councillor Trevor Cope said: “It’s a huge amount of work and could take a very long time to complete.”
- 1 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 2 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 3 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 6 Big or small, we can all do our bit to care for planet we live on
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 8 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 9 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common