Go-ahead for neighbourhood plan to shape what town will look like
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A blueprint will be drawn up detailing what new homes should look like and where they should be built in Exmouth.
Town hall chiefs have decided to produce an Exmouth Neighbourhood Plan.
Once drawn up, East Devon District Council (EDDC) will have to consider the plan when deciding planning applications. However, the plan will not dictate how many homes are built.
The first step is to identify the area the neighbourhood plan will cover.
Town clerk Lisa Bowman said: “We would then break it down and have specific policies (for each area).”
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Bill Nash said: “The community might have a say on the quality and types of houses and the amount of greenspaces.” Councillor Trevor Cope said: “It’s a huge amount of work and could take a very long time to complete.”
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 6 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 7 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 8 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!