Go-ahead for neighbourhood plan to shape what town will look like
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A blueprint will be drawn up detailing what new homes should look like and where they should be built in Exmouth.
Town hall chiefs have decided to produce an Exmouth Neighbourhood Plan.
Once drawn up, East Devon District Council (EDDC) will have to consider the plan when deciding planning applications. However, the plan will not dictate how many homes are built.
The first step is to identify the area the neighbourhood plan will cover.
Town clerk Lisa Bowman said: “We would then break it down and have specific policies (for each area).”
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Bill Nash said: “The community might have a say on the quality and types of houses and the amount of greenspaces.” Councillor Trevor Cope said: “It’s a huge amount of work and could take a very long time to complete.”
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 4 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 5 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 8 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 9 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane