Go-ahead for neighbourhood plan to shape what town will look like
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A blueprint will be drawn up detailing what new homes should look like and where they should be built in Exmouth.
Town hall chiefs have decided to produce an Exmouth Neighbourhood Plan.
Once drawn up, East Devon District Council (EDDC) will have to consider the plan when deciding planning applications. However, the plan will not dictate how many homes are built.
The first step is to identify the area the neighbourhood plan will cover.
Town clerk Lisa Bowman said: “We would then break it down and have specific policies (for each area).”
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Bill Nash said: “The community might have a say on the quality and types of houses and the amount of greenspaces.” Councillor Trevor Cope said: “It’s a huge amount of work and could take a very long time to complete.”
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 4 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 5 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 6 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 9 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?