Flats win support from Exmouth Town Council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans for eight new flats near Exmouth town centre have been supported by town councillors.
The proposal is for the flats to be created in a converted and extended building behind Sam’s Funhouse, St Andrews Road, which currently contains offices and stores.
Members of Exmouth Town Council’s planning committee voted to support the plan, despite concern that only two parking spaces would be provided.
Councillor Tony Hill said: “It is a significant development, but when you take a step back I think it’s quite sympathetic given the area it is in.
“I think overall I would recommend it.”
You may also want to watch:
The district council will decide on planning permission.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 4 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 5 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 10 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise