Flats win support from Exmouth Town Council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans for eight new flats near Exmouth town centre have been supported by town councillors.
The proposal is for the flats to be created in a converted and extended building behind Sam’s Funhouse, St Andrews Road, which currently contains offices and stores.
Members of Exmouth Town Council’s planning committee voted to support the plan, despite concern that only two parking spaces would be provided.
Councillor Tony Hill said: “It is a significant development, but when you take a step back I think it’s quite sympathetic given the area it is in.
“I think overall I would recommend it.”
You may also want to watch:
The district council will decide on planning permission.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 6 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 7 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 8 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown