Flats win support from Exmouth Town Council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans for eight new flats near Exmouth town centre have been supported by town councillors.
The proposal is for the flats to be created in a converted and extended building behind Sam’s Funhouse, St Andrews Road, which currently contains offices and stores.
Members of Exmouth Town Council’s planning committee voted to support the plan, despite concern that only two parking spaces would be provided.
Councillor Tony Hill said: “It is a significant development, but when you take a step back I think it’s quite sympathetic given the area it is in.
“I think overall I would recommend it.”
You may also want to watch:
The district council will decide on planning permission.
- 1 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 2 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 3 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 4 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 5 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 8 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 9 Repair cafe opens again
- 10 Chair of council is the right man for the job