Flats win support from Exmouth Town Council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans for eight new flats near Exmouth town centre have been supported by town councillors.
The proposal is for the flats to be created in a converted and extended building behind Sam’s Funhouse, St Andrews Road, which currently contains offices and stores.
Members of Exmouth Town Council’s planning committee voted to support the plan, despite concern that only two parking spaces would be provided.
Councillor Tony Hill said: “It is a significant development, but when you take a step back I think it’s quite sympathetic given the area it is in.
“I think overall I would recommend it.”
You may also want to watch:
The district council will decide on planning permission.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 6 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 7 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 8 John and Grace run for the heart
- 9 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
- 10 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls