Flats plan to be inspected
A decision whether to allow the conversion of a St Andrews Road home into five flats has been put on hold because of an Exmouth councillor’s concerns.
An application to convert 6 St Andrews Road, Exmouth, was to have been decided at the district council’s development management meeting earlier this month.
The application has been recommended for approval.
But, following concerns, the decision was deferred until after a site visit tomorrow (Friday).
County, district and town councillor Eileen Wragg, believes that the application should be refused.
You may also want to watch:
She said the plans were ‘gross overdevelopment’ and were in contravention of the local plan.
It follows the planning inspector’s decision not to allow a similar development at 15 Woodville Road last year because of parking problems.
- 1 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 2 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock
- 3 Climate Conversation programme for Exmouth and Honiton
- 4 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
- 8 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 9 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 10 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
She said: “This application would offer cramped and socially unacceptable living conditions for future occupants.
“I am at a loss in understanding the reasons given in the officer’s report. There is approximately one foot of space between the bay window and the boundary wall, outside of which is the road, with no pavement.
“With 15 bins required for five households, storage would not be possible at the front of the property.
“At the rear, a very narrow, gated lane is already cluttered with bins and fifteen for one property would make any access impossible.”
She added that there would be virtually no drying areas for washing, and no outside amenity for prospective occupants.