First event held for Exmouth Neighbourhood Plan
- Credit: Archant
Around 150 people turned out to have their say about the future of Exmouth, at the first consultation event for the town’s proposed Neighbourhood Plan.
The town hall event allowed residents to discuss some initial ideas with councillors and project group members.
Post-it boards were used for people to register their views on the strengths and weaknesses of Exmouth.
A total of 231 Post-its were completed, with 108 describing strengths and 123 describing weaknesses.
Other events will follow in local council wards, while surveys sent to homes and businesses are also being returned.
You may also want to watch:
Steering group chairman Roy Pryke said: “We’re encouraged by the interest.
It’s a year of consultation that’s got to go on, and we’re at the very beginning.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
“All in all we are feeling very positive.”
The first round of ward consultation meetings will be as follows: Town, Exmouth Town Hall, May 20, noon to 8pm, May 21, 10.30am to 4.30pm; Littleham, Littleham Community Hall, May 25, 2pm to 4pm and 6pm to 8pm, Rolle College, May 26, 2pm to 4pm and 6pm to 8pm; Brixington, Brixington Church, May 27, 2pm to 8pm, Palmer House, Fraser Road, June 7, 9am to 5pm; Withycombe, Country House Inn, May 16, 6pm to 8pm, Radcliffe House, Burnside, May 27, 2pm to 8pm; Halsdon, Withycombe Rugby Club, June 2, 2.30pm to 4.30pm and 5.30pm to 8pm, Littlemead Methodist Church, June 9, 2.30pm to 4.30pm and 5.30pm to 8pm.
Survey collection points are: Exmouth Town Hall; Exmouth Library; Harbour News; Radcliffe House; The Co-op, Churchill Road; Tesco, Churchill Road; Rivermead Post Office; Shell Garage, Exeter Road; Littleham Cross Post Office; Cranford Club; Exmouth Health Centre.
If you haven’t received a survey, call the town hall on 01395 276167, or visit www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ExmouthNP.
The deadline for surveys to be returned was initially given as May 9, but due to some delivery delays late returns are being allowed.