Famous Ship homes plan opposed
Plans to convert part of an Exmouth pub into five homes have been recommended for refusal by town planners.
The homes would be built on what is currently the rear of the Famous Ship.
District environmental health officers have objected to the application, saying there will be too many homes for the space, no vehicle access, refuse storage and servicing to the remaining pub would be restricted, and residents would be affected by noise and odour from the pub.
Town councillors supported these concerns and have objected to the plan, which will now be considered by East Devon District Council.
Councillor Steve Gazzard said: “I recommend this is refused as overdevelopment.
You may also want to watch:
“When you look at the plan it looks very nice, but we believe they are trying to cram too much into a small space.”
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 4 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Budleigh Freemasons support the visually impaired