Famous Ship homes plan opposed
Plans to convert part of an Exmouth pub into five homes have been recommended for refusal by town planners.
The homes would be built on what is currently the rear of the Famous Ship.
District environmental health officers have objected to the application, saying there will be too many homes for the space, no vehicle access, refuse storage and servicing to the remaining pub would be restricted, and residents would be affected by noise and odour from the pub.
Town councillors supported these concerns and have objected to the plan, which will now be considered by East Devon District Council.
Councillor Steve Gazzard said: “I recommend this is refused as overdevelopment.
You may also want to watch:
“When you look at the plan it looks very nice, but we believe they are trying to cram too much into a small space.”
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 3 Jack does the trick in Budleigh victory
- 4 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 5 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 6 Exmouth Harrier Jenny Reay excels at Newton Abbot Ladies 10km
- 7 Round-robin barbecue event huge success
- 8 Festival is blessed with sunshine and celebrities
- 9 Huge lifestyle changes are needed to avert disaster
- 10 Difficult decisions needed to tackle big issues