Famous Ship homes plan opposed
Plans to convert part of an Exmouth pub into five homes have been recommended for refusal by town planners.
The homes would be built on what is currently the rear of the Famous Ship.
District environmental health officers have objected to the application, saying there will be too many homes for the space, no vehicle access, refuse storage and servicing to the remaining pub would be restricted, and residents would be affected by noise and odour from the pub.
Town councillors supported these concerns and have objected to the plan, which will now be considered by East Devon District Council.
Councillor Steve Gazzard said: “I recommend this is refused as overdevelopment.
You may also want to watch:
“When you look at the plan it looks very nice, but we believe they are trying to cram too much into a small space.”
- 1 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 2 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 3 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 4 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 5 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 6 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 7 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 8 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’