Exmouth submits Local Plan response
Exmouth residents and town councillors have had their say on the latest draft of the East Devon Local Plan.
The plan – a blueprint for development until 2026 – is at its final consultation stage, and following a meeting with residents, town councillors have submitted their response to East Devon District Council.
The plan currently has 840 new homes planned for the town, including 350 for Goodmores Farm in Halsdon, and 350 for Plumb Park in Littleham, along with improved community facilities and transport links.
In their response to the plan, town councillors have said that the Plumb Park development should not go ahead until improvements are made at the Littleham Cross road junction.
Councillors endorsed numerous submissions made by the public, including noting a covenant which could affect the Goodmores Farm development, improving Jurassic Coast signage, and designating Pankhurst Industrial Estate as housing.
You may also want to watch:
The public also said that there should be no new development at Exmouth Rugby Club, and that Elizabeth Hall, Harbour View and Albion Street should be conserved. These submissions were not accepted by the council – although Lib Dem councillors did support them – but councillors did say any development at the rugby club must consider the site’s high flood risk, and that they would endorse EDDC’s plan to: “Conserve and enhance the built environment and historic qualities of Exmouth.”
- 1 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 2 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 3 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 4 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 5 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 9 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?