Exmouth councillors oppose Davey Court flats
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build 30 flats for over-55s on the site of a former Devon County Council care home have been opposed by Exmouth Town Council.
The planning application by McCarthy and Stone is for the site of Davey Court, Buckingham Close.
Members of Exmouth Town Council’s planning committee voted to oppose the plan, on the grounds that the proposed design was out of keeping with surrounding properties, and that there would be overlooking of neighbours.
Committee members also said they were concerned that the addition of more homes for the elderly would contribute towards Exmouth’s population becoming unbalanced towards retired people.
Councillor Tim Dumper said: “We have seen with Budleigh Salterton and Sidmouth the issues that come with unbalanced populations, and I think we have to fight to keep Exmouth a more balanced population.”
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Council will make the final decision regarding planning permission.
- 1 ejl wk24 new constituency
- 2 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 3 Claire Austin honoured by the Queen
- 4 Safety teams collaborate for event to help save lives
- 5 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 6 Exmouth Town gearing up for pre-season campaign
- 7 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 8 Brilliant win on the road for Budleigh
- 9 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 10 Home care fair aims to raise awareness and provide advice