End finally in sight for East Devon housing plan
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The completion of a long-awaited blueprint, which will determine where scores of new homes are built, is now ‘within sight’, according to the leader of East Devon District Council.
Councillor Paul Diviani says he is hopeful that the district’s new Local Plan will be in place by ‘early next year’.
The finished plan will form the basis for future development of homes and jobs until 2031 and beyond.
A latest round of consultation on recent changes to the document finished at the end of November.
The Government inspector tasked with scrutinising the document will now be reporting back to the council.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Diviani said: “It gives me enormous pleasure to say that the finalisation of our Local Plan is now within sight and we are anticipating being able to adopt it early next year.
“This detailed and robust document will help us deliver the aspirations and housing needs of local people, as well as land for employment.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year
“It will also help protect our beautiful countryside from unwanted and inappropriate development.”