End finally in sight for East Devon housing plan
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The completion of a long-awaited blueprint, which will determine where scores of new homes are built, is now ‘within sight’, according to the leader of East Devon District Council.
Councillor Paul Diviani says he is hopeful that the district’s new Local Plan will be in place by ‘early next year’.
The finished plan will form the basis for future development of homes and jobs until 2031 and beyond.
A latest round of consultation on recent changes to the document finished at the end of November.
The Government inspector tasked with scrutinising the document will now be reporting back to the council.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Diviani said: “It gives me enormous pleasure to say that the finalisation of our Local Plan is now within sight and we are anticipating being able to adopt it early next year.
“This detailed and robust document will help us deliver the aspirations and housing needs of local people, as well as land for employment.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 3 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 School’s bid to turn Budleigh into ‘town of sunflowers’
“It will also help protect our beautiful countryside from unwanted and inappropriate development.”