End finally in sight for East Devon housing plan
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The completion of a long-awaited blueprint, which will determine where scores of new homes are built, is now ‘within sight’, according to the leader of East Devon District Council.
Councillor Paul Diviani says he is hopeful that the district’s new Local Plan will be in place by ‘early next year’.
The finished plan will form the basis for future development of homes and jobs until 2031 and beyond.
A latest round of consultation on recent changes to the document finished at the end of November.
The Government inspector tasked with scrutinising the document will now be reporting back to the council.
Councillor Diviani said: “It gives me enormous pleasure to say that the finalisation of our Local Plan is now within sight and we are anticipating being able to adopt it early next year.
“This detailed and robust document will help us deliver the aspirations and housing needs of local people, as well as land for employment.
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 3 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 4 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 5 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 6 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 7 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 8 Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir come to Topsham
- 9 Recycle collection boxes installed at Exmouth Specsavers
- 10 Exeter College achieve 'amazing results' as students discover their higher education grades
“It will also help protect our beautiful countryside from unwanted and inappropriate development.”