End finally in sight for East Devon housing plan
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The completion of a long-awaited blueprint, which will determine where scores of new homes are built, is now ‘within sight’, according to the leader of East Devon District Council.
Councillor Paul Diviani says he is hopeful that the district’s new Local Plan will be in place by ‘early next year’.
The finished plan will form the basis for future development of homes and jobs until 2031 and beyond.
A latest round of consultation on recent changes to the document finished at the end of November.
The Government inspector tasked with scrutinising the document will now be reporting back to the council.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Diviani said: “It gives me enormous pleasure to say that the finalisation of our Local Plan is now within sight and we are anticipating being able to adopt it early next year.
“This detailed and robust document will help us deliver the aspirations and housing needs of local people, as well as land for employment.
- 1 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 6 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 7 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 10 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
“It will also help protect our beautiful countryside from unwanted and inappropriate development.”