Developer hails Rolle pitches plan feedback
- Credit: Archant
Regeneration plans for the former Rolle College playing fields have received good feedback from the public, according to the developer behind the scheme.
Blue Cedar Homes is proposing a scheme which would see hundreds of thousands of pounds spent on bringing the pitches, off Douglas Avenue, back into service, and upgraded with new facilities. A development of 22 homes for older people in one part of the site would finance the work.
A public exhibition held last week at the nearby Devoncourt was attended by nearly 150 members of the public.
Speaking after the event, Blue Cedar Homes’ Bill Richardson said: “We had an excellent turnout at the event. We were especially pleased to be able to meet representatives of community groups, such as The Avenues Residents’ Association.
“We were very encouraged by what we heard and the feedback was overwhelmingly supportive of our proposals. We were also able to tell people that we have no plans for developing the lower part of the fields, or for any floodlights, so it was a good opportunity to reassure people about our proposals. We put forward two options, one of which has pedestrian access via the Maer car park rather than Douglas Avenue, and this emerged as the firm favourite among the public.”
You may also want to watch:
The plans include a full-sized 100 metres by 64 metres pitch, a 91 by 55 metres youth pitch, and a mini-soccer pitch suitable for under-sevens and under-eights, as well as technical areas, changing facilities and spectator areas.
Mr Richardson added: “We’ve been involved in some very encouraging discussions with the local youth football community club, Exmouth United, about the long-term future of the pitches and how they could be used by the club and the wider community.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who came along and left feedback. We’ll study their responses in detail before drawing up more detailed proposals for an outline planning application.”