Detached home in an elevated position with countryside views
- Credit: Archant
Red Barn is a mature detached house of cavity wall construction with rendered colour-washed elevations under a clay-tiled mansard roof, situated in an elevated location on Douglas Avenue, with superb views of the surrounding countryside and views to the south west of the sea.
The house has been extensively extended and improved and provides particularly versatile accommodation on the ground floor, with a large sitting room and a superb open plan kitchen, dining room, with sun room extension, which provides an exceptional 32ft entertaining space, with bi-fold doors opening to a raised timber deck.
The ground floor has been further extended to provide the option of a self-contained annexe, with independent access from the house and comprises a reception room and bedroom with en-suite shower, which can equally be a ground-floor study and additional 5th bedroom to the main house.
There is also a ground-floor WC and utility.
On the first floor is a principal suite with en-suite shower room, three further bedrooms and a family bathroom.
You may also want to watch:
Outside, the gardens are a lovely feature of the property, with a raised timber deck flanking the rear elevation, below which is an impressive expanse of lawned gardens enjoying a southerly aspect and an excellent degree of privacy.
Red Barn is situated on Douglas Avenue, a particularly popular part of Exmouth known as The Avenues, which is within close proximity of the town and seafront.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 5 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 6 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 7 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 8 Shore anglers enjoy more success than charter boats
- 9 Budleigh Colts reach the Devon final
- 10 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
Red Barns is for sale at £575,000; call Bainbridge’s on 01395 225303.