Detached cottage with stunning private gardens
- Credit: Archant
Location: Douglas Avenue.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
A detached cottage, of brick construction, part slate hung on the southern elevation, under a pitched slate roof.
The building has been well maintained and updated, with the benefit of upvc double-glazed windows and doors together with a modern gas-fired central-heating system. The immediate environment is particularly appealing, being situated at the top of a quiet backwater and best described as an oasis, with beautifully planted and well-established gardens which extend to approximately 0.428 acres offering complete privacy. The gardens are especially interesting, in respect of specimen trees, shrubs and perennials, and have been thoughtfully planned and arranged to great effect, with areas of lawn, bisected by pathways and gravelled walkways, which provides a garden of immense interest and understandably was selected to be featured on Gardeners’ World in 2006 and The National Garden Scheme.
You may also want to watch:
The accommodation is spacious and benefits from an excellent level of natural light, with most of the rooms facing west towards the gardens and includes a lovely spacious kitchen/family room, large enough for formal and informal dining and fitted with a lovely range of solid timber units with polished marble work surfaces. There is a large drawing room with Minster fireplace and wood-burning stove, a sitting room with conservatory extension, which is currently used as a dining room and a downstairs WC. At first floor are three good bedrooms, two of which have en-suite shower rooms, and a family bathroom.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year