Desirable character property set within a delightful courtyard
- Credit: Archant
A rare opportunity has arisen through Bradleys Estate Agents to acquire a character property, set within a most desirable courtyard development in the sought-after picturesque East Devon village of Otterton.
Rolle Barton, formally a principal farmstead, was formed in 1999 to an architectural design using traditional materials including stone, slate and oak.
Number 2 is an impressive barn conversion providing three double bedrooms, two of which are on the ground floor offering period features; the master benefits from an en-suite bathroom whilst the second bedroom has an en-suite shower room.
On the first floor there is a spacious sitting room with lovely features, which includes exposed beams and vaulted ceiling. Double glazed doors open from the sitting room onto a Juliet balcony with an attractive wrought iron balustrade offering views over the pretty courtyard.
Just off the sitting room there is a study/snug area and a good size kitchen/dining room which again offers a great deal of space with vaulted ceiling and exposed beams. The kitchen is well fitted with matching base and eye-level units along with many built-in appliances to include, electric oven, grill and hob, with integrated fridge and freezer.
There is also a lower ground floor level offering bedroom three/reception room with a utility room and WC.
Delightful views over the surrounding countryside and across the River Otter to the valley beyond can be enjoyed from the rear aspect.
- 1 Morning dip at Budleigh gets ‘seal’ of approval
- 2 Budleigh gift shop named among region's best
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Exmouth’s Sarah can see ‘bigger picture’ thanks to diabetes prevention programme
- 5 Jubilee Big Band concert at Exmouth Pavilion
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Drama club stage sci-fi spoof comedy play
- 8 Budleigh councillors 'aflush' with town loo options
- 9 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 10 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
Outside, a large enclosed rear garden mainly laid to lawn with flower and shrub borders gives a safe and secure environment for children and pets alike.
A paved terrace offers peace and tranquillity in which to sit and enjoy the sun. To the front of the property there is a small lawn area with an apple tree and views across the pretty communal courtyard and garden. The garage and two additional private parking spaces can be found just off the courtyard. There is also a designated area for visitors’ parking.
who is the agent?
Bradleys 01395 442201.