Delightful, elegant cottage
- Credit: Archant
Location: Old Bystock Drive.
Agent: Bainbridge’s 01395 225303.
Cedar Cottage is understood to date from the early 1900s and is of cavity brick construction, with rendered colour-washed elevations, attractively balanced with dual bays to the front façade, beneath a pitched clay tile roof.
The house is of immense visual appeal, further complemented by the wonderful private gardens, all within the beautiful surroundings of Bystock Court, of which Cedar Cottage was once part.
You may also want to watch:
The accommodation is both practical and elegant and a reflection of the origins, with a lovely flow of natural light throughout.
The general condition of the house is excellent and modern day improvements, including oak flooring, perfectly combine with the original wood panelled doors, wrought iron Victorian fireplaces and deep pine skirting boards.
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 3 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 4 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 7 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 10 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
The accommodation comprises a covered entrance, reception hall, sitting room, separate dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, study, utility and downstairs WC.
On the first floor are three comfortable double bedrooms and a large family bathroom.
Outside, the beautifully established gardens are exceptional in respect of privacy and planting and encompass the building around the east, north and west facing elevations and there is also a large driveway with parking for two to three cars.