Concern over home plan
Plans to build a new home and garages on land at 29 Victoria Place have been strongly opposed by Budleigh Salterton Town Council.
The scheme has drawn many objections from the public, some of whom went to this week’s town planning meeting to voice their concerns, and their position was supported by councillors
Councillor Alan Jones said: “I’m very perturbed about this development. I think Victoria Place is a very nice road. There are some very characterful buildings up there and we should do our best to maintain them.”
Councillor Tom Wright said: “It would totally degrade that street scene.”
Councillors voted to object to the plan on the grounds that the design was out of keeping with the area, would change the character of the building, would contradict the emerging local plan, and led to concerns about access and parking.
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Council will now rule on planning permission.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 5 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 8 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
- 9 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 10 Megan makes big book milestone