Concern over home plan
Plans to build a new home and garages on land at 29 Victoria Place have been strongly opposed by Budleigh Salterton Town Council.
The scheme has drawn many objections from the public, some of whom went to this week’s town planning meeting to voice their concerns, and their position was supported by councillors
Councillor Alan Jones said: “I’m very perturbed about this development. I think Victoria Place is a very nice road. There are some very characterful buildings up there and we should do our best to maintain them.”
Councillor Tom Wright said: “It would totally degrade that street scene.”
Councillors voted to object to the plan on the grounds that the design was out of keeping with the area, would change the character of the building, would contradict the emerging local plan, and led to concerns about access and parking.
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Council will now rule on planning permission.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 9 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
- 10 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic