Concern over home plan
Plans to build a new home and garages on land at 29 Victoria Place have been strongly opposed by Budleigh Salterton Town Council.
The scheme has drawn many objections from the public, some of whom went to this week’s town planning meeting to voice their concerns, and their position was supported by councillors
Councillor Alan Jones said: “I’m very perturbed about this development. I think Victoria Place is a very nice road. There are some very characterful buildings up there and we should do our best to maintain them.”
Councillor Tom Wright said: “It would totally degrade that street scene.”
Councillors voted to object to the plan on the grounds that the design was out of keeping with the area, would change the character of the building, would contradict the emerging local plan, and led to concerns about access and parking.
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Council will now rule on planning permission.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock