Character, thatched village property
- Credit: Archant
Bradleys Estate Agents are delighted to be marketing “Waterhayes”, a character thatched property situated in the sought-after and picturesque village of Otterton, renowned for its public house, working mill, craft centre, restaurant and bakery along with its superb riverside walks and nature trails.
“Waterhayes” has been extended by the current owners to create spacious and versatile living accommodation. On the ground floor there is a good size reception room, currently used as a bedroom but could lend itself to a further living area. A sitting room with beautiful period features with its exposed beams and cosy inglenook fireplace creates a warm and inviting area in which to sit and relax in front of the wood burning stove.
There is a fabulous size kitchen with dining area, measuring over 18ft in length. The kitchen has ample base and eye-level units with inset electric hob, integrated electric oven with microwave above along with an integrated fridge. This area offers a good space for table and chairs with a stable door giving access to an attractive courtyard which in turn leads to the main garden. There is also a useful utility room and separate shower room with modern white suite.
On the first floor there are three good size bedrooms along with a separate family bathroom.
Outside, an attractive enclosed and private courtyard which, through a pedestrian gate, leads into the main garden where a further terrace provides a great entertaining area. Raised decking provides further seating whilst steps lead down to the main lawn and well stocked, raised flowerbed borders with mature shrubs. There is also a summerhouse along with two garden sheds. Off-road parking is found to the side of the property. We understand that the previous owners of the property had planning permission to build a two-storey extension. We believe this planning permission has now lapsed.
You may also want to watch:
For further information or to arrange a viewing, please call Bradleys Estate Agents on 01395 442201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is it?
- 1 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 2 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 3 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Black belt grading success for Lympstone and Exmouth Karate students
- 6 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 7 Repair café returns to town to lend a helping hand
- 8 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 9 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 10 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
who is the agent?
Bradleys, 01395 442201.