Character, thatched village property
- Credit: Archant
Bradleys Estate Agents are delighted to be marketing “Waterhayes”, a character thatched property situated in the sought-after and picturesque village of Otterton, renowned for its public house, working mill, craft centre, restaurant and bakery along with its superb riverside walks and nature trails.
“Waterhayes” has been extended by the current owners to create spacious and versatile living accommodation. On the ground floor there is a good size reception room, currently used as a bedroom but could lend itself to a further living area. A sitting room with beautiful period features with its exposed beams and cosy inglenook fireplace creates a warm and inviting area in which to sit and relax in front of the wood burning stove.
There is a fabulous size kitchen with dining area, measuring over 18ft in length. The kitchen has ample base and eye-level units with inset electric hob, integrated electric oven with microwave above along with an integrated fridge. This area offers a good space for table and chairs with a stable door giving access to an attractive courtyard which in turn leads to the main garden. There is also a useful utility room and separate shower room with modern white suite.
On the first floor there are three good size bedrooms along with a separate family bathroom.
Outside, an attractive enclosed and private courtyard which, through a pedestrian gate, leads into the main garden where a further terrace provides a great entertaining area. Raised decking provides further seating whilst steps lead down to the main lawn and well stocked, raised flowerbed borders with mature shrubs. There is also a summerhouse along with two garden sheds. Off-road parking is found to the side of the property. We understand that the previous owners of the property had planning permission to build a two-storey extension. We believe this planning permission has now lapsed.
You may also want to watch:
For further information or to arrange a viewing, please call Bradleys Estate Agents on 01395 442201 or email email@example.com
Where is it?
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 6 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 7 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 8 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 9 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 10 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
who is the agent?
Bradleys, 01395 442201.