Character cottage in Otterton offers versatile living accommodation
- Credit: Archant
Waterhayes, is a character thatch property, situated in the sought after and picturesque village of Otterton.
Waterhayes has been extended by the current owners to create spacious and versatile living accommodation. On the ground floor there is a good size reception room, currently used as a bedroom but could lend itself to a further living area. A sitting room with beautiful period features with its exposed beams and cosy Inglenook fireplace creates a warm and inviting area in which to sit and relax in front of the wood burning stove. There is a fabulous size kitchen with dining area, measuring more than 18ft in length.
The kitchen has ample base and eye-level units, with inset electric hob, integrated electric oven with microwave above, along with an integrated fridge.
This area offers a good space for table and chairs with a stable door giving access to an attractive courtyard, which in turn leads to the main garden.
There is also a useful utility room and separate shower room with modern white suite.
You may also want to watch:
On the first floor there are three good size bedrooms along with a separate family bathroom.
Outside, an attractive enclosed and private courtyard which, through a pedestrian gate, leads into the main garden where a further terrace provides a great entertaining area.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
Raised decking provides further seating, whilst steps lead down to the main lawn and well stocked, raised flowerbed borders with mature shrubs.
There is also a summerhouse along with two garden sheds. Off-road parking is found to the side of the property.
The estate agent understands that the previous owners of the property had planning permission to build a two-storey extension, but believe this planning permission has now lapsed.
Where is it?
Period features and exposed beams
who is the agent?
Bradleys Estate Agents
Tel: 01395 442201