Character cottage in Otterton offers versatile living accommodation
- Credit: Archant
Waterhayes, is a character thatch property, situated in the sought after and picturesque village of Otterton.
Waterhayes has been extended by the current owners to create spacious and versatile living accommodation. On the ground floor there is a good size reception room, currently used as a bedroom but could lend itself to a further living area. A sitting room with beautiful period features with its exposed beams and cosy Inglenook fireplace creates a warm and inviting area in which to sit and relax in front of the wood burning stove. There is a fabulous size kitchen with dining area, measuring more than 18ft in length.
The kitchen has ample base and eye-level units, with inset electric hob, integrated electric oven with microwave above, along with an integrated fridge.
This area offers a good space for table and chairs with a stable door giving access to an attractive courtyard, which in turn leads to the main garden.
There is also a useful utility room and separate shower room with modern white suite.
You may also want to watch:
On the first floor there are three good size bedrooms along with a separate family bathroom.
Outside, an attractive enclosed and private courtyard which, through a pedestrian gate, leads into the main garden where a further terrace provides a great entertaining area.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 3 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 4 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 5 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 6 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 7 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 8 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Seven-goal Brixington turn on the style
Raised decking provides further seating, whilst steps lead down to the main lawn and well stocked, raised flowerbed borders with mature shrubs.
There is also a summerhouse along with two garden sheds. Off-road parking is found to the side of the property.
The estate agent understands that the previous owners of the property had planning permission to build a two-storey extension, but believe this planning permission has now lapsed.
Where is it?
Period features and exposed beams
who is the agent?
Bradleys Estate Agents
Tel: 01395 442201