Application to build house in Budleigh refused
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An application to build a house in Budleigh Salterton has been turned down by the district council.
A plan had been submitted to East Devon District Council for a house and a garage at 68 East Budleigh Road.
Budleigh Salterton Town Council had previously opposed the application.
The decision notice said the proposed dwelling would result in the potential for ‘significant’ overlooking at the property and those neighbouring it.
A loss of character to the site, which lies in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, was also cited as a reason for refusal.
You may also want to watch:
The decision notice also said the proposal was outside EDDC’s adopted local plan.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 9 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities