Application to build house in Budleigh refused
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An application to build a house in Budleigh Salterton has been turned down by the district council.
A plan had been submitted to East Devon District Council for a house and a garage at 68 East Budleigh Road.
Budleigh Salterton Town Council had previously opposed the application.
The decision notice said the proposed dwelling would result in the potential for ‘significant’ overlooking at the property and those neighbouring it.
A loss of character to the site, which lies in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, was also cited as a reason for refusal.
You may also want to watch:
The decision notice also said the proposal was outside EDDC’s adopted local plan.
- 1 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 6 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 7 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college