Application to build house in Budleigh refused
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An application to build a house in Budleigh Salterton has been turned down by the district council.
A plan had been submitted to East Devon District Council for a house and a garage at 68 East Budleigh Road.
Budleigh Salterton Town Council had previously opposed the application.
The decision notice said the proposed dwelling would result in the potential for ‘significant’ overlooking at the property and those neighbouring it.
A loss of character to the site, which lies in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, was also cited as a reason for refusal.
You may also want to watch:
The decision notice also said the proposal was outside EDDC’s adopted local plan.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock