A superb family home in picturesque village
- Credit: Archant
Bradleys Estate Agents is delighted to be marketing ‘Elmfield’, a superb detached family home nestled in the beautiful village of Colaton Raleigh, surrounded by some of East Devon’s most picturesque countryside.
‘Elmfield’, believed to have been built in the 1920s, has been lovingly refurbished and extended by the current owners to create a spacious family home set within its own glorious gardens.
This charming house offers versatile accommodation comprising, family room with feature square bay window offering views across the front gardens to the countryside beyond. This particular room would also make a generous study. The dining room also has a fine bay window in which to admire the exquisite gardens and countryside. A glazed door from the dining room leads through to a light and airy lounge with open fireplace as well as having beautiful views of the grounds to both the front and rear.
A door from the lounge leads through to a fine conservatory, a stunning room in which to soak up the property’s enviable surroundings.
The kitchen is well-equipped with superb views across the impressive rear gardens, whilst a good size utility room benefits space and plumbing for additional appliances.
You may also want to watch:
On the first floor there are three spacious double bedrooms, the master having an en suite shower room. There is also a family bathroom.
Outside, ‘Elmfield’ is approached via a five bar gate which gives access to a detached open garage and log store. The real feature of this beautiful home is the stunning garden which surrounds the house, measuring approximately 0.3 of an acre. These superb grounds incorporate sweeping lawns, numerous well-stocked flowerbeds, a variety of fruit trees, a vegetable plot and mature trees along with paths and terraces in which to sit and enjoy the peace and tranquillity.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 7 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 8 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 9 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 10 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
There is a timber framed greenhouse along with a garden shed. There are many vantage points in which to enjoy the stunning views.
To the rear of the property, a veranda provides cover to a workshop, which, in turn gives power and lighting along with the benefit of a WC.
Where is it?
who is the agent?
Tel: 01395 442201