Property of the Week: Leathermill, West Hill Road, Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Stags
Leathermill, West Hill Road, Ottery St Mary
Guide price £850,000
Agent's Tel: 01404 45885
Coming to market with an abundance of possibilities, Leathermill is not only located in a highly desirable area but it comes with appealing opportunities such as income potential, multi-generational living space and an easy ability to work from home. Situated just a quarter of a mile from the sought-after woodland village of West Hill, Leathermill's portfolio includes a four-bedroom cottage, a one-bedroom annexe, a separate studio and a detached workshop - all sitting on a plot of around half an acre.
It is understood that the main cottage dates back to the early 19th Century, and its exposed timber ceiling beams, stone inglenook style fireplaces and stone floors all provide evidence of its age and character.
Over the years the property has been thoughtfully modernised and extended, and it now offers comfortable and flexible accommodation.
Inside, there's a quaint and cosy sitting room with a charming fireplace, a multi-fuel burner and a bread oven. From here, doors slide open to the equally attractive dining room. The nearby kitchen has a warm, country cottage look to it with a tiled floor and unique timber ceiling beams. There's also a bedroom with an en-suite shower room on this floor - perfect for family members who may struggle with the stairs. A turning staircase rises to the first floor which features lovely wrought iron balustrades. Upstairs, there are three bedrooms arranged as two doubles and one single, and a family bathroom with a white suite.
The property comes with a self-contained detached annexe situated on the northern boundary. This has a good sized sitting room with French doors opening onto a terrace, a kitchen fitted with warm oak units, a double bedroom with garden views and a well fitted shower room.
There's also a convenient first floor studio over the garage, with a small kitchen area and shower room. And a good size detached workshop sited behind the double garage with the potential to be converted into an additional office or garden room.
- 1 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 2 Hilary Mantel's desk fetches more than £4,000 at auction
- 3 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 4 Comedian Jason Bryne announces Exmouth date
- 5 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 6 Lympstone school rated 'good' at latest Ofsted report
- 7 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 8 Hard yards on and off the pitch for Exmouth Town
- 9 Urgent help needed alleviate ambulance and hospital emergencies
- 10 Art exhibition celebrates Jurassic coastline
Beautifully maintained gardens, laid mainly to lawn surround the various buildings.