350 homes and school opposed by Exmouth Town Council
An application to build 350 homes and a school on the edge of Brixington, Lympstone and Woodbury has been opposed by Exmouth Town Council.
The plans for land at Goodmores Farm, in Dinan Way, include a plot set aside for commercial and community uses with associated roads and open space.
As an adjoining parish, Exmouth Town Council voted to oppose the amended application on the same grounds it did two years ago.
At the time, despite supporting the development in principle, the council cited concerns over the ‘vagueness’ of the plans, highways, flooding and a failure to listen to the public.
Speaking at a meeting on Monday, Councillor Tim Dumper said: “I would back the same response to what we did last time – that we support the development in principle because it could provide the infrastructure, as long as we have a good crossing of Dinan Way, in northern Brixington and northern Halsdon.
You may also want to watch:
“But, at the moment, there’s not enough that seems to be being said about it [the Dinan Way crossing].”
East Devon District Council (EDDC) originally deferred its decision on the original planning application, submitted in 2014, as it was put forward at a time when the authority’s Local Plan hearings were taking place.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 9 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
- 10 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
At the time, EDDC wanted to wait until a government planning inspector had given his report.
EDDC will decide the fate of the application.