Fireman Sam helps you stay safe!
PUBLISHED: 11:00 16 October 2012 | UPDATED: 11:24 29 October 2012
Hit Entertainments Fireman Sam has released some great tips for children to understand the dangers of both bonfire night and fireworks in general.
Fireman Sam has some great rules so you stay safe this November 5th.
Bonfire Dos and Don’ts
• Site bonfire well away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees and shrubs AND ALWAYS AWAY FROM FIREWORKS.
• Build the bonfire stack so that it is stable and never light with flammable liquids.
• Keep everyone away from the fire, especially children who must be supervised at all times, and pets who are best kept indoors.
• In case of an emergency, keep buckets of water, the garden hose or a fire extinguisher ready.
• Pour water on the embers before leaving.
Firework Dos and Don’ts
• Keep fireworks in a closed metal box and take them out one at a time.
• Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on each firework. Read them by torchlight - NEVER a naked flame.
• Light fireworks at arm’s length using a safety firework lighter or fuse wick. NEVER go back to a lit firework.
• Always wear gloves when handling sparklers and hold at arm’s length. Once finished, put in a bucket of water.
• Never give sparklers to children under 5.
To see our great Fireman Sam video of tips go online at www.exmouthjournal.co.uk or visit www.firemansamonline.com for great competitions.