Dates for your diary
PUBLISHED: 18:30 07 November 2012
● St Michael’s Church, in Colyford, with The Friends of St Michael’s are arranging the annual Market and Coffee Morning.
It will take place on Saturday, November 10, between 10.30am and 2pm in the Memorial Hall, Colyford. Admission free of charge
It will feature delicious, hot two-course lunches (£6 per person), with last orders for lunch by 1.30pm, and a range of other stalls.
● The Axminster and District Seniors’ Forum will meet on Monday, November 12, at the Senior Citizen’s Centre, Church Street at 2pm.
● The Axminster Memory Café meets at the Senior Citizen’s Centre, Church Street, Axminster on Tuesday, November 13, between 2.30 - 4.30pm.
● The Axminster & District Horticultural Society will be holding its AGM on Wednesday, November 21, at the United Reformed Church Hall, Chard Street, at 7.30pm.
This will be followed by a talk by Naomi Lawrence entitled Garden Design. Members free, visitors 50p.
● There will be a talk on Robert Fitzroy - Darwin’s Captain, by Keith Denby hosted by the East Devon Humanists.
It will take place on Wednesday, November 14, at 7pm, in the Senior Citizens’ Meeting Room, Church Street, Axminister.
For further information ring Ann Mitchell on 01404 46766.
● There will be a Quiz Night at Luppitt Village Hall on Saturday, November 10.
Doors open at 7.30pm and the quiz starts 8pm.
It will cost £5 per head to include light supper. Teams of six max. Contact J Hooper on 01404 892969 to book a table.