A Football Quiz to test the best of football brains - enjoy!
PUBLISHED: 12:49 24 December 2017 | UPDATED: 12:49 24 December 2017
Are you a football ‘geek’? Do you think you know more about the ’beautiful game’ than your friends and family?
Well, here we present our Christmas 2017, 100 Football Quiz.
We have called it the 100 Football Quiz because there are a maximum of 100 point available.
The answers are below the final question so – how about, if you have friends and family visiting, why not print o0ff the questions and pass a sheet round.
Here’s the 100 Football Quiz
1. How many clubs were bottom of the Premier League at Christmas but survived Relegation? 1 point for each correct answer
2. Who were the last four managers to win the UEFA Champions League with a Club from their home Nation? 1 point for each correct answer
3. Which six Clubs have spent a single season in the Premier League? (here’s a clue – two of them are in this season’s Premier League) 1 point for each team – top score six points.
4. How many players in Germany’s 2014 FIFA World Cup Winning Squad were affiliated to English clubs at the time? 1 point for each correct answer
5. Which three Egyptians have Premier League Goals or Assists this season? 1 point for each.
6. Which three players made the most Premier League appearances as a substitute?
7. Which two Nations will be appearing at the 2018 FIFA World Cup Finals for the first time? 1 point for each correct answer
8. Which four players scored Premier League Hat-Tricks against Manchester United? 1 point for each correct answer
9. Which two Italians have Premier League Goals or Assists this season (as at December 1st 2017)? 1 point for each correct answer
10. Name the two players that have won FULL CAPS playing for England this season. 1 point for reach correct answer.
11. Name the most recent six player to be capped for England while playing for West Ham. 1 point for each correct answer
12. Which two Nations conceded the fewest goals in European FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying? 1 point for each correct answer
13. Which four current Premier League players scored six or more goals in UEFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers? 1 point for each correct answer
14. Who was the first player to score more than three goals in a Premier League game? 1 point
15. Which three European players have won over 160 caps for their respective countries? 1 point for each correct answer
16. Which six Germans have Premier League Goals or Assists this season? 1 point for each correct answer
17. What is the only team in the English & Scottish leagues that has a ‘J’ in their name? 1 point
18. Who is the top Premier League goalscorer to never receive capped for his country? 1 point
19. What was used in the 1973 FA Cup Final and never used again? 1 point
20. As of December 21st 2017, name the SIX players to have scored TEN or more goals in this season’s Premier Division. 1 point for each correct answer
21. As of December 21 name the 1/2/3/ in terms of Premier Division goal keepers making the MOST saves this season so far. 1 point for each correct answer
22. As of December 22 name the TWELVE players to have played MORE THAN 500 Premier League matches since it started. 1 point for each
23. As of December 22 name the seven players to have scored SIX or more OWN GOALS in premier league matches since the competition began.
24. Name the SEVEN players to score 100 Premier League goals but only ever played for ONE CLUB in that time – 1 point for each correct answer.
25. Name the THREE players to have scored a record 31 goals in a 38 game Premier League season. 1 point for each
26. Name the two players to have played I the premier league for Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool 1 point for each
27. Name the THREE Players to have picked up a record EIGHT Premier league red cards in their careers.
ANSWERS to the 100 Football Quiz
1. Three: West Bromwich Albion (2004-05), Sunderland (2013-14) and Leicester City (2014-15).
2. Luis Enrique (Spain, Barcelona 2015), Jupp Heynckes (Germany, Bayern Munich 2013), Josep Guardiola (Spain, Barcelona 2011 & 2009) and Carlo Ancelotti (Italy, AC Milan 2007).
3. Barnsley, Blackpool, Brighton & Hove Albion, Cardiff City, Huddersfield Town and Swindon Town.
4. Four: Mesut Özil (Arsenal), André Schürrle (Chelsea), Lukas Podolski (Arsenal) and Per Mertesacker (Arsenal).
5. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool), Ahmed Hegazy (West Bromwich Albion), and Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal).
6. Peter Crouch (143), Shola Ameobi (142) and Nwankwo Kanu (118).
7. Iceland and Panama.
8. David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Romelu Lukaku (West Bromwich Albion) and Samuel Eto’o (Chelsea).
9. Manolo Gabbiadini (Southampton) and Stefano Okaka (Watford).
10. Which two players won full England caps while with Swansea City?
11. Aaron Cresswell (2017), Joe Hart (2017), Stewart Downing (2014), Rob Green (2012), Andy Carroll (2012) and Scott Parker (2011).
12. England and Spain both conceded only three goals in their qualifying campaigns.
13. Romelu Lukaku (Belgium & Man United, 11 goals), Christian Eriksen (Denmark & Spurs, 8 goals), Eden Hazard (Belgium & Chelsea, 6 goals) and Aleksandar Mitrovic (Serbia & Newcastle, 6 goals).
14. Efan Ekoku scored four goals for Norwich City in a 5-1 win against Everton in September 1993.
15. Gianluigi Buffon (171 for Italy), Vitalijs Astafjevs (167 for Latvia) and Iker Casillas (167 for Spain).
16. Leroy Sané (Man City), Pascal Groß (Brighton), Emre Can (Liverpool), Antonio Rüdiger (Chelsea), Collin Quaner (Huddersfield) and Elias Kachunga (Huddersfield).
17. Scottish side St Johnstone
18. Kevin Campbell of Arsenal
19. An orange ball
20. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) 14; Harry Kane (Spurs) 12; Raheem Sterling (Man City ) 11, Sergio Aguerro (Man City) 10, Romelu Lukaku (Man Utd) 10 and Wayne Rooney (Everton) 10.
21. Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea City) 72, David de Gea (Man Utd) 69 and Fraser Forster (Southampton) 66.
22. Gareth Barry 643, Ryan Giggs 632, Frank Lampard 609, David James 572, Gary Speed 535, Emile Heskey 516, Mark Schwarzer 514, Jamie Carragher 508, Phil Neville 505, Rio Ferdinand 504, Steven Gerrard 504 and Sol Campbell 503.
23. Richard Dunne 10; Jamie Carragher 7, Martin Skirtel 7, Wes Brown 6, Phil Jagielka 5, Ryan Shawcross 6, Frank Sinclair 6
24. Thierry Henry, Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Didier Drogba, Matt Le Tissier, and Sergio Agüero
25. Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez, and Alan Shearer.
26. Yossi Benayoun and Nicolas Anelka.
27. Duncan Ferguson, Patrick Vieira, and Richard Dunne.