Thursday, August 30, 2012
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust runs community hospitals and other services across East Devon.
THE public are being invited to attend Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust’s annual general meeting next week.
The event will look back at and celebrate the trust’s main achievements over the past year and review its Annual Report for 2011/12.
Some of the highlights of the last year include:
• The trust continued to have some of the lowest waiting times in the country
• Day case rates were in the top five in England
• Feedback from patients placed outpatient services as among the best in the country
• North Devon District Hospital was designated a Trauma Unit in April 2012
• Incidents of serious harm caused by falls reduced by 30 per cent last year
• The trust was rated as very good or excellent for clinical services in all external inspections/accreditations
• The trust achieved financial break-even, delivering 8% savings and a £1.7million surplus
• Over 95 per cent of people treated felt the care they received was excellent or good, according to the latest independent survey
The AGM will also look to the future, running through what lies ahead for the trust in 2013.
The meeting takes place in the Chichester Boardroom at North Devon District Hospital on Tuesday, September 4, starting at 6pm.