Reports an oven was on fire in East Budleigh prompted a call from the fire service

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Fire crews were called to a home in East Budleigh on Sunday night after receiving a report an oven was on fire.

Firefighters from Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton arrived shortly before 9pm where they found an oven was on fire in an end terrace two-storey thatched cottage.

The fire service said the cause of the fire was accidental and said no one was injured.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said a fire broke out in a small gas cooker, adding: “Two fire appliances from Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth were mobilised following a call from the occupant of a house reporting their oven was on fire.”

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus while tackling the blaze, and used one hose reel jet to extinguish the flames, plus a thermal image camera.

A ventilation fan cleared smoke from the property.

0 comments

Photo Orders
Letters
Competitions
Subscriptions
Follow us on Facebook
View or book a notice

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – East Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

Exmouth's trusted business directory